Principles for Responsible Investment
In November 2017, we became a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment. These are six principles developed by investors and supported by the United Nations. With our signature, we commit to contributing to an economically efficient, sustainable global financial system by taking the following principles into account in all our investment decisions:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
For more information about the PRI initiative, please visit: https://www.unpri.org
Tobacco-free Finance Pledge
In mid-2013, we began excluding investments in tobacco within the Ethna Funds. Then in January 2019, we signed the Tobacco-Free Finance Pledge.
Global Investor Statement to Governments on the Climate Crisis
In June 2021, ETHENEA joined with 457 investors in signing the 2021 Global Investor Statement to Governments on the Climate Crisis. This called on all governments to increase their climate policy ambitions by the 26ᵗʰ United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in November 2021.
Since the beginning of 2021, ETHENEA has supported CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project), a not-for-profit organisation that operates the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts. The global business community considers the CDP the gold standard of environmental reporting, with the richest and most comprehensive dataset on corporate and city action.